Click on a video thumbnail or title to show the video player
Use DentFix or Spitznagel drill bits only. The tool is sensitive to the length of the bit. Non-OEM bits void warranties. This depth adjustable spot weld drill applies the cutting pressure for you. It is important to release the trigger when the drill bit has stopped cutting. It is important in the operation of this tool that you have the Drill Bit sittin gon the spot weld before you pull the trigger. Once it is on the spot weld pull the trigger and let the C-Clamp tighten up to the work. DO NOT let the drill bit slam into the weld. Doing that will cause the pilot tip to break making the drill bit ineffective.
1) Depth adjustment is accomplished by turning the blue adjustment ring. Check the drilling depth by pulling back the prongs at the front of the drill. The amount of drill bit above the prong indicates the drilling depth.
2) When used in conjunction with the C-clamp (arm) the drill will apply the cutting pressure against the spot weld. A) Hook the clamp around the back of the panel. B) Pull the trigger half way to move the drill bit into position against the spot weld. C) Pull the trigger completely back to start the drill bit turning and to apply maximum pressure.
3) The C-clamp is removable for applications on areas where the rear of the spot weld is inaccessible. A. ) When the C-clamp is removed it is important that the technician pulls the trigger half way first and fully extends the pneumatic head. B) Place your opposite hand under the belly of the drill, then use the thumb and fore finger of that hand on the prong to stabilize the drill. This will help prevent movement of the drill point. C) Pull the trigger completely to start drilling.
4) Air pressure greater than l00 psi will create too much pressure on the bit and prevent it from turning. Recommended is 90 psi.
5) The cup and screw at the end of the C-clamp are designed to be replaced. Part# DF-SPD66
6) A 3-inch (DF-SPD48L) and 6 inch (DF-SPD48M) C-clamps are available.
7) Replacement drill bits - 8.0 mm HSCO / DF-1480, 8.0 mm titanium coated/ DF-1680T, 10.0mm / DF-1610, 10.0mm titanium coated/ DF-l6l0T, 6.5 mm / DF- 1465.
DentFix Price: $467.00